Every once in awhile I think these things are happening or will happen:
- The phones at my place of work are bugged and there are cameras with people watching us at our desks, in our offices, the restroom etc.
- I am going to lose my job because I didn't work to my potential today, this week, whatever.
- My husband is going to leave me because I don't have "relations" with him as often as he would like.
- My son has a learning disability.
- People don't take me seriously because I don't have the college Degrees required for success.
- I have a mental disorder.
- Most people are nice to me because they have to associate with me on a regular basis, not because they really like me.
Do any of you ever re-live some of the most humiliating moments of your life and get embarrassed all over again? I'm talking face gets red embarrassment over something you said or did when you were like 12 or 13? For example, I misspelled Government in the 6th grade spelling bee . . . I forgot the "n". That was the word I spelled correctly to get in the stupid Bee in the first place! The whole class laughed at me and I got 2nd place. I still think about that and it drives me nuts that I haven't let it go. What's up with that? It's just dumb.
Give me a couple of minutes and I'm over it. I can't figure out where it comes from. Weird.
3 comments:
i wonder the same things all the time. seriously. you just have to do your best and at the end of the day - go home to your loved ones and leave the rest of the shit behind you.
and i really like you :)
if I get a chance to finish it, I'm posting a post today that is completely inspired by this post!
I like you for you, not because I see you everyday. You'll see once I move to internal audit, we'll still talk everyday...well everyday I'm actually in the office. I'll miss you the most of everyone when I "move on". ;-(
Post a Comment