Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday Filler

I want to run the Akron Marathon this year. After watching last season's Biggest Loser ,in which the remaining contestants last challenge was to complete a marathon (26.2 miles), Tanner and I were pumped to do one. It was so inspiring! Obviously, our plan has been put on hiatus since Tanner broke his ankle a couple of months back and may need to have surgery. I haven't been running much lately because of lack of motivation. I want to get back into it, and now is the perfect time since I my summer class is over. I think I can do it. I know I can. I just don't want to do it alone. The second person I had in mind was my Mom since she's been an avid runner throughout the years, but her surgery and recovery has limited her physical activity. I don't think a marathon would be beneficial for her in any way. If Tanner meets with his doc and can't participate in the marathon, I'd like to find someone else to run/walk it with. The third kicker is that it's $85 to register. Granted you get tons of freebies and the experience is really cool, but try explaining that to someone who could care less and would only be participating with me as a favor. (sigh) Well, I guess I"ll just have to remain hopeful that Tanner's ankle will be healed well enough for us to start training. Unless you would like to participate?
Anyone? (crickets chirping)
K.

2 comments:

Haley said...

I would so consider it if I had more time to train. Im thinking it would take me 6 months to prepare for that! I die after 3 miles now! And Im slow as shit...

Brandie said...

I'm pretty sure I'd die in the first five minutes. I wish I could run. But it's not in my future.

I hope you find someone to run with!