Saturday, August 1, 2009

Updates and other random info

Tanner's ankle is still broken, but the doc says if he isn't having any pain then he's cleared to start running again. I'll keep you updated on our progress since the marathon is only 2 months away.

I'm proud of myself. My house hasn't been my top priority this week. (Ok, Turner is always top priority, but chores are always right behind) I've socialized more with friends, read a good book, and have been in bed by 9:30 p.m. I should have done this a long time ago.

My much anticipated appointment with my dermatologist is this week. I'm actually wondering if monthly facials would be just as beneficial and cheaper.

I've put on 8 lbs. in 2 1/2 weeks. I think I've been loving up the Mocha Frappachino's waaaayyy too much.

I've noticed that eating apples makes my teeth alot whiter. It must have to do with my teeth rubbing against it and the acid in the fruit. Either way, my use of Colgate White Strips has been cut in half. Nice.

I've gotten away from wearing my retainer and my teeth are slowly Billy-Bobbing back to the crooked layering of yesteryear. Am I going to have to wear that thing for life?

Tanner has been working during the weekend and I've been spending ALOT of one-on-one time with Turner and it isn't as difficult as it used to be. I'm enjoying him so much more than when he was a baby even though he is a whirlwind in motion. I'm getting more comfortable being a parent. Finally!

I want a new wardrobe, but I'm not sure what I want to put in it. Things that keep me looking young and trendy or things that make me look classy and sophisticated. My budget won't allow both.

I sometimes wish I was still waiting tables and serving drinks. That life was so fun. I know 'that life' can't be re-lived and if I tried to go back I would wish I hadn't.

I have been getting the urge to die my hair black. I have no idea why.

Turner has taken alot of interest in the toilet and his potty chair lately. Maybe it's time to start taking this potty training thing seriously.

1 comment:

Brandie said...

ya know, i tried getting a moonlighting job as a waitress a few years back. thought it would be a good way to make a few extra bucks. at the time i was single and ready to mingle. and ya know...every place would NOT hire me because i was over qualified! so never did i get to try out my waitressing skills. prolly for the good...i am a total klutzola.