Thursday, October 15, 2009

Once you go BLACK . . .

Today is the day.

Today is the day of my hair appointment. The hair appointment I scheduled to have my hair darkened to the color of black coffee. My hair has never been colored darker than red so this will be interesting. and fun.

I'm a little nervous. Alot excited.

I've been making alot of changes lately; building onto an existing foundation, really. Maybe not making changes as much as looking at what I already have and owning it again. I decided to repaint the interior of my house. There is something about taking everything out of a room that you have occupied for years, and looking at it with a new vision then giving it a makeover. I repainted, I de-cluttered, and renewed my love of my house. or a few rooms of it anyway. The bathroom and kitchen? Totally different story.

I'm thinking about painting my finger nails since they aren't long enough for a french manicure and I'm not a long nail type of gal. I don't paint my nails and I never grow them out. I've got a dark plum polish that's been screaming my name.

I confronted a co-worker yesterday after she sent me an accusing email regarding my job responsibilities. I've received similar emails for her in the past, always accusing, always assuming negligence on my end. I usually deal with it by 1.)venting my frustration to friends/hubby or 2.)replying to the email, nicely explaining myself. I don't know what changed my mind, but it was time to talk to her face to face and tell her how much I don't appreciate her emails insinuating that I'm not doing my job properly. She didn't say much, then followed up with an apologetic email that I really didn't care to read. It was a nice gesture nonetheless. I didn't immediately feel better after the confrontation or after the apology since I really HATE confrontation and typically prefer a good vent session; but I can tell you that I feel great about it today, sister! So so glad I did it.

I was trying to figure out where all of my rediscovered confidence is coming from and it hit me like a truck. It's from you, my friends. Since Turner is less dependant on me these days and I have a few extra minutes for a visit, a phone call, an email, a blog post, etc. . .I'm taking advantage of it. I used to use any free minute to nap or to watch tv. Now I am using the time for a social life. Something I haven't worked at for a long time. Man, I missed it. It feels good.

I love all of you very much. Thank you for being my friend.(hug)

I feel like I need to add a rainbow to this post, just to raise the cheese-o-meter. I'm feeling nostalgic and sappy happy today.

Oh, and if you haven't heard this song, you need to check it out. I'm crazy about it.
Beck-Lost Cause

5 comments:

Ava and the Trips said...

Ok, I can not wait to see your hair! I totally can relate to feeling better when you can get out and do something other than the routine day in and day out. It's nice to not have the kids totally dependent on you too!

Brandie said...

we love you! yay for hair day! i can't WAIT to see it! i'm excited for you..change is good. and it's always fun to get a new 'do for the winter. it's gonna look great.

you go, girl. (i cringe because i can not pull that saying off in real life). but seriously...it's great that you stuck up for yourself. nothing is more discouraging then someone trying to tell you that you're not doing your job right. it really irks me.

i love how my nails look when i paint them...but i'm too lazy to take it off when it starts to chip. personal goal? get rich and hire a personal manicurist. :)

reading your blog makes my day a little brighter. thank you :)

Haley said...

I can't wait to see your hair...you make me want to go out and change mine!
And good for you for standing up for yourself. Sounds to me like she is trying to make you the scapegoat in your department, thank God you didn't just continue to sit back and take it. Maybe she will assume some of the responsibilties that she is slacking on now!
I want to paint the interior of my house sooooo bad. But funding and that fact that we need to add another support in the basement has stalled all renovation work at this time. Im craving the bright green I want to do in the mud room and can see my dining room in my head everytime I walk through there...damn you money!
Have a great day and I love you too! (Big hug!)

Lora said...

love love love love

Michelle said...

I can't wait to see it too. WOW! It will give you a whole different look! And why didn't I hear about this before reading your blog? I love you too! You are a really great friend.