It sucks that we only have one life to live.
A life that allots 10 years of being cute and care-free, 10 years full of angst, puberty, and low self-esteem, 15 years of being 'in your prime', another 15 years of trying to maintain your looks and keep up with things that are 'mainstream', and a remainder of 15 - 35 years of medical deterioration, memory loss, and being a nuisance to most friends and family members that always seem 'busy'.
I like to think that our souls live forever. That our souls only exist in our bodies for a period of time, we die, and we are re-born with no memory of our former life; we get a fresh start in a new body in a different time. I like to think my body is like the 133rd body my soul has resided in and that it ranks in atleast the top 10th percentile when judged in the health, wellness, attractiveness, and usefulness categories. I bet I was at my hottest in my 1920's body. With all of the walking and manual labor I probably had to do, I imagine my legs and butt would have put Jessica Biel's counterparts to shame.
Yesterday, on my long drive home and not much interesting me on the radio, I drifted off to daydream. I kept thinking about things I would want to be in my next lives. Of course, I'm focusing on all of the perks of these things. Reality of course set in later and I started going over what could go wrong if I really chose this life path. But for now, let's live in a perfect world without crime, sickness, and capital.
In no particular order, here are my Top 5:
Gypsy/Drifter/Hippie - I don't want to care about what the world defines as successful and what I'm doing to attain success. I want to be free. Free to live where I want, when I want without being contracted to a mortgage or a lease. I don't want to have a to-do list outside of bathe, get food, and possibly smoke a few joints. I want to be free of fashion rules and media influence. I want to wear lots of scarves and long skirts and sandals and be braless. I want to be a Gypsy in my next life.
(Realistic downfall: I would be dirty, poor, and probably depend on trash cans for my meals. I would have terrible hygiene and most likely, I would be alone)
Fitness Guru/Professional Athlete - I want the 'i only eat natural foods, fruits, and veggies' body. Lean, muscular, and beautiful. I want the white teeth, perfect skin, and shiny hair a good diet brings. I want to be self-disciplined and help others learn to get healthy. I want to be able to play every sport and naturally be good at them. I want to be that old lady on TV telling everyone she is 90 years old and people think I just turned 50. They'll all want to know my secret and I can tell them "I just eat good and work out for an hour every day." Then the crowd applauds and it feeds my awesome self-esteem I've had my entire life because I've always felt good about myself. I want to be on a Wall of Fame, pictured in my uniform. I want them to retire my jersey and have foundations and fitness camps named after me. I want to be a Professional Athlete in my next life.
(Realistic downfall: I would probably have a lisp or something and become the female Mike Tyson of my generation)
Musician - I don't need to be up front as lead singer or be featured on MTV in a cool video. I want to know how to play lots of instruments and write kick-ass songs and play in a band. I want to be good enough that I can rock out for a good 40 years on stage playing the music I love. I want to be a Musician in my next life.
(My arthritis and hearing would be for shit by the time I hit 50. End of career. Spend next 10 years doing episodes of Behind the Music and commercials for vagina creams. Spend the rest of my life depressed. Family avoids me because I was never around when they needed me and if they hear me tell the story of when I met the President one more time, they are going to put me in a nursing home. in the suburbs. eeek!)
Motocross Racer - I want to do tricks and flip upside down and jump stuff on a dirtbike. I want to wear a helmet as part of my work apparel. I want to take a fun hobby and be expert enough that it puts money in the bank. I want to ride around and throw dirt on people with my back tire. I want to be a Motocross Racer in my next life.
(I would be a crippled up mess by the time I turn 40. Since I'll probably be un-insured I'll be forced to move into the basement of my parents house. I'll live on Cocoa Puffs to avoid going upstairs to listen to the rents nag me about getting a real job and I'll probably spend most of my days watching old X-games videos with my alcoholic boyfriend nicknamed Teabag McTitties)
Successful Comedian - How fun would it be to get rich writing jokes and make people laugh? I would love to be comfortable enough to get on stage in front of tons of people and hilariously explain how I feel about society and life. I would feel so good making people forget about their problems for an hour or two and have a good time listening to me rant about the hillbillies that live next door, or my dog, or my shitty car, or something else people can relate to.
(Realistic downfall: I offend the wrong person, get shot in the parking lot after one of my shows, end of life #138.)
A girl can dream, right?
For now, back to Corporate America. Gee, I hope the microwave is free. These leftovers are going to be slammin' and I can't wait to see how well my new Tupperware works! (sigh)
1 comment:
LOL. that was hilarious. thanks for the laugh. you'd make an awesome comedian in your next life, and i don't think anyone would shoot you :)
Post a Comment