Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tis the Season!

I've got so much to catch you all up on . . .  where do I even begin?


Tanner's grandmother 'Momo' has been very ill. She went to the Cleveland Clinic for surgery on October 28 to have a few cancerous spots on her colon and her liver removed. Quite a surgery for a diabetic woman in her seventies! Things have been good, then bad, then good, and back to bad. It seems like there is always an infection lingering, or fluid and swelling, or she wasn't receiving enough nutrition, or or or. She's constantly being moved from ICU, to The Cleveland Clinic, to The Willows nursing home and back again. I'm sure it's been exhausting for her and for Papa and for my mother-in-law. On the bright side, the doctor's believe that Momo will get to go home for a visit on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We are all looking forward to seeing her very soon.


Our niece, Olive, was born at 26 weeks at Akron Children's Hospital. She weighed 1 lb. 9 oz. She has had a heart surgery, but as of last weekend she has survived her 8th week of life! She is now weighing over 5 lbs., can be held, and she can be fed from a bottle. If all continues to go well, she will get to go home in January.


Speaking of babies . . . . 8 weeks to my due date! Turner, Tanner and I all had the flu last week despite our flu vaccinations. It was a LONG week, but we made it through. My doctor says that I'm doing well. I've put on a few extra lbs. than she preferred, but I think the flu helped me lose a few too so we'll see where I'm at when I go for my next appointment on Monday. I can tell our little girl is growing bigger and she moves alot more than Turner ever did. My acid reflux has disappeared . . . so has my ability to bend over and touch my toes. Putting shoes and socks on these days has turned into alot of work. My hair is thicker, my gums bleed, my boogers are huge, my eyes and skin are dry, and my boobs are huge but you can't tell because my belly surpasses my chest by inches. My hips haven't started spreading yet, but my back constantly aches. I've been getting Braxton Hicks contractions here and there but nothing to scare me yet. I haven't slept through the night in over a month, but I still feel good. I am growing. My wardrobe is shrinking. But I honestly don't have any big complaints. I've been fortunate to have had a normal healthy pregnancy thus far.


Turner got a new bed set and has moved into a 'Big Boy Room'. He has transitioned so well. He has a full size loft bed with a twin bed below. His new bed set also has drawers, shelves, a computer desk, and storage. A total dream for us because our bedrooms in our home aren't very big. We have moved his toys into his room (they previously stayed downstairs in the living room) and he is constantly climbing up and down the ladder from top to bottom bunk. He absolutely loves it. I was worried about him missing his toddler bed and the 'Baby Room' but he never bothers to even go in his previous room. Can it really be this easy? At this point, I'm thinking it can.


Tanner and I have a list of projects we hope to complete before the baby arrives. I've taken the week before my due date off of work and recruited my mom to help me wipe down walls, decorations, shelves, etc. Our entire house is getting a good scrub before I'm elbows deep in diapers and laundry. I'm really looking forward to getting everything done. I think I will feel alot more relaxed about bringing home baby if I know things are organized and clean.


Tanner and I wiped out our Christmas shopping a couple of weeks ago. It was so easy this year! I still haven't sent any Christmas cards out though. I really need to get on that.


Well, I've got a few pics to upload on my other blog. I hope you and your families are enjoying the festiveness of the holidays and you will get to spend time with those you love. Moments spent making memories with friends and family are the most precious gifts any of us can give or receive.


Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Ava and the Trips said...

I love reading your updates! I'll keep your niece and grandma in my prayers. 8 weeks....wow! Are you ready to be a mama of 2 kids now? Does Turner sleep in the top bunk? We have bunks for the boys and have both of them on the floor, but would love to bunk them.

Rolince Family Farm! said...

Hey glad to hear the acid reflux is gone! That is great! That is amazing about your niece! She will be a fighter. :D Tanner's Momo will be in our prayers. I can't believe only 8 more weeks!! It has gone by so fast! (Well, for me it has. LOL) I can't wait to meet her. BTW, have you settled on a name yet? ;)