Yesterday we had a challenging day to say the least.
Hubs place of employment was having an open house. Without directly saying it, I could tell it was important for us to go because a.) hubs was presenting and b.) hubs really really wanted me and the kiddos to experience his workplace up close and personal since we have never had the opportunity in the past to do so.
So, I loaded up the kidders and off we went.
The kids never napped. Fail #1
The kids weren't interested in anything despite the bounce houses, activities, and kid stations they had set up along the tour. Fail #2
Lauren was pissed after spending 2 1/2 hours in her stroller and Turner was pissed because he got tired of walking. Fail #3
All the kids wanted to do was see Hubs and he couldn't leave until his presentation time was finished. I had the fun task of trying to keep them happy and occupied even though all I wanted to do was figure out a way to go pee and rest my aching roly-poly body. Fail #4
By the time Hubs was able to meet with us, the kids were on the verge of meltdowns and I was frustrated, irritated, and exhausted.
This made for a tense reunion which escalated into Hubs getting angry. He told me I was being bitchy and mean and that I don't appreciate him. (sigh)
Thank goodness we drove in separate vehicles. When the kids and I returned home, I needed a time-out before I really lost my shit.
Where do I take my time-out? The only place I have any solitude. The bathroom. I turn on the water in the sink, sit on the toilet, and I cry.
It took about 20 minutes for me to go through the emotional phases of angry, sad, pity-partyish, etc. Then I collect myself and feel ready to move forward.
Hubs apologized.
I apologized.
And we hugged.
Hugs are the best healers. No words necessary. Just a nice strong embrace to let each other know that everything is going to be okay.
It's very difficult for me not to cry when I get hugged.
I have no idea why this is. I've always been that way. Hugs choke me up every time.
Anyway.
We ended up having a nice evening... until 1 a.m. when Turner woke up throwing up in his bed. Poor little guy puked all night long. I was up with him every hour, just cleaning up and tending to his needs the best way a Mom knows how. I spent the night changing pajamas, stripping bedding, dumping puke, and scrubbing a mattress.
What a freaking day.
I'm hoping tonight will be better and I'll finally be able to get the rest I need in order to take on another busy day with my preschooler and toddler tomorrow.
Goodnight everyone!
p.s. I've added to my bucket list! Someday, I will make a 'FREE HUGS' sign and spend an hour giving away free hugs. You should join me!

1 comment:
Oh Jen, you deserve a big hug! I think you deserve recognition for hanging in there with 2 cranky kids and being pregnant. You are doing great! Hang in there!
Post a Comment