Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Staring Contest . . . Go!

Turner seems to have taken an interest in my breasts lately. Not the interest he had over a year ago when they were his primary food source either.

I got a heads up that he'll be getting touchy-feely curious with his private parts, but I didn't think about him observing mine. He stared at me the other night with a focus that made me squirm.

What do I do/say? I don't want him to think that body parts are bad, but I don't know how to explain the "it's ok" and the "that is private" versus "mine" and "yours" versus "respect others". My first instinct is to grab the nearest piece of fabric and cover myself, but I'm afraid that would only encourage him to want to look even more.

He likes to grab at my breasts and squeeze them (shirt on, thank goodness!). Last night he decided to give them a punch. Atleast I had the "We don't hit" option.

An awkward shower a couple of months ago made me realize that the kid is starting to notice differences so I try to avoid nudity as much as possible. Been doing it for years (heh heh). Kidding.
Not really.
Not a big fan of being naked.

Currently, he mostly only sees Tanner naked. Tanner takes him to the bathroom as an introduction to potty training and Turner has tried to touch Tanner's pee, but not his Wee. I'm guessing it will be soon that he will go for the source of the golden stream.

Anyway, it seems that I must dodge groping now from two of the three males in my home. Atleast Rex hasn't taken an interest. I think I'd have to add about 2 more sets of nipples to turn his head and I'm not planning to do that anytime soon.

If any of you Mom's out there have any advice, please help.

2 comments:

Brandie said...

oh my god, i'm totally cracking up. i have no clue what you do in this situation. i've got 4 pets at home that have no issues watching me getting out of the shower. little perverts. but i figure it's okay with animals because they can't run and tell their friends that mommy has 4 rolls and a jiggly ass.

Lora said...

we are a naked family. it's not gross, like we all lie in bed naked or watch tv naked or anything, but if Jake sees us naked we just get dressed without saying anything.

that said, he has a huge obsession with boobs too. He's always been a boobman, but it got particularly bad/weird when he was about T's age because he was too big for it to be cute and too little to teach him why it's weird.

Now he knows that he is not to touch anything that a bathing suit would cover, but before he could understand that we would grip his hand firmly when he was touching boobs and say "no!" just the same way if he was playing with a cord or the fireplace or whatever.

A friend of mine who has a big belly has this problem with her 20 month old and her stomach. He loves to nestle his hands in there, and points to it and says "ball!".

I think it must be more about the softness of it all and not the actual part of your body.

I'd love to say it passes, but with boys I don't think it ever goes away all the way!
Hopefully by the time he's 30 it won't be your boobs he's after!