Monday, August 3, 2009

My Aching Body, Head, Ear Canals . . .

I'm new to this migraine thing. That's why when I feel a headache coming on, I take an extra strength Tylenol and go about my day. Bad move.

I got my first migraine a couple of months ago. I thought I just had a really bad headache until I started puking my guts out. Now I get them every month.

I'm resentful that today, when the weather is 85 and sunny, I'm in my bedroom with the blinds closed and my head buried under the covers. I get nauseous if my eyes are open for more than 15 minutes. My ear canals hurt. Is that normal? My back feels like I've spent and entire day bent over tying my shoes. bitch.bitch. bitch. (figured I would save you some time)

Anyway, this all began every time I started my first week of birth control pills. Last month I woke up throwing up and had an on again/off again migraine for 4 days. Long story short . . . not pregnant, checked a week later and still not pregnant, finished the rest of the month's pills just fine, had a normal period, started new pack last night, night sweats, puking, migraine headache.

I called my OBGYN's office today and told them about what was going on. I asked if it could be a side effect of my pill and they told me, "no, there is something else going on."

perfect.

i find out what that something else is on thursday.

i'm trying to not let my mind wander to that negative place it always goes when i see the doc about my lady business.

oh, and did i mention that i pissed myself when i sneezed the other day?

for reals girl.

i've been having issues prior to the sneezing incident since, well, for too long.

next stop, urologist.

why am i such a jumble of medical problems from the waist down and the knees up?

(btw, it's taken me all day to write this. atleast i accomplished something today, right?)

4 comments:

Lora said...

there are very few pills that don't give me migraines. Yaz, Ortho tricyclin and something that starts with an M are the only ones that haven't.

So helpful, I know.

So maybe it is just a side effect.

And I peed myself the other day too. AND I had a C- section.

sad.

Ava and the Trips said...

Oh Jen,that sounds awful. I really hope that you at least get some answers on Thursday and find something to help you start feeling better. Let me know how your appointment goes!

Haley said...

I magically started getting migraines when I switched birth control back when I was 20...they magically went away when I stopped taking them a month before my hysto...coincidence? I think not. My OB tried to blame them on everything else too; stress, weight gain, allergies, my cat, my job, you name it, it was blamed. They suck ass though. I don't wish them on my worst enemy. Hope you are feeling better!

Brandie said...

i hope you're feeling better today. migraines are a bitch. excedrin migraine usually really helps me, if i get it in my system in time. but it's hard sometimes to know the symptoms and then it's too late.

i had lots of headaches and migraines with my old BC. the doctors got pissed because i let it go without calling them, because they say it could cause a stroke. that wigged me out alittle. i'm glad you called the doctor...don't let those things go.