Thursday, December 17, 2009

Tis the Season

What I've learned in the last 3 weeks:

Eating two pieces of french toast served with a side of two pieces of bacon (3 times per week minimum) followed by a Pumpkin Spice cappacchino, an apple for lunch, and another cappacchino in the afternoon, followed by a dinner loaded with carbs for three weeks straight with only 2 visits to the treadmill = 7 lbs straight to my ass and mid-section . . . and growing.

Baking and decorating 6 dozen cut-out cookies with Turner and Tanner was fun, but makes me not want to be within a mile radius of a cut-out cookie. I tried to eat one and just couldn't do it. Over-exposure I guess.

Putting off getting the Christmas tree (tonight, I promised), mailing Christmas cards, and refusing to do any shopping just speeds up the time to the holiday. With only 8 days left, I'm beginning to feel the pressure. Maybe this Saturday will be the day I conquer my gift list.

Lighted candy canes on our walkway, a lighted deer in our landscaping, and a decorated shrub not only show a half-ass effort, they fall over or are leaning every. freaking. day. But the boy loves them.

I didn't hang Turner's stocking over the fireplace with ours because it was hand-stitched and doesn't face the same way ours do. I tried, I really did, but it drove me nuts. Instead, Santa will be filling his special hidden stocking on Christmas Eve and placing it at the foot of his bed.

Have a happy holiday!

2 comments:

Lora said...

I'm spreading in seven different directions as a direct result of poor eating habits and lack of exercise.

Luckily, I'm the same way with the cookies. I rarely eat anything i bake or cook!

Brandie said...

Did you get your tree?!?!

I like that stocking at the foot of the bed thing!

I'm eating horribly. Gonna allow myself to do it for another week...and then I gotta start being better!